Sunday 4 October 2015

Recipe: Banana and chocolate chip cake...

 Hiiiiiiiiiii Guys sorry for lack of posts recently I have been super busy at college and getting used to the new routine. But I have finally found something that I love doing!

So today was my day off from college, I was meant to be doing homework but I've ended having a day full of baking and cooking. That's one of the lessons I miss from sixth form, Food Technology but I now have a free day off so I can bake as much as I like.

Firstly I made Jamie Olivers lentil and spiced carrot soup and it is amazing! I would definitely recommend trying out this soup.

Secondly I made a banana and chocolate chip cake and below I'm going to give you the recipe.  



Ingredients- 
2 Eggs 
3 tbsp Milk 
150g Caster sugar 
225g Self raising flour 
100g butter
2 very ripe bananas 
50g chocolate chips 
50g dark chocolate for icing


Method-

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (I used a fan oven)

Firstly you need to measure all the ingredients out. Once done that Add the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat together, until the butter and sugar have creamed together.

Secondly add small amounts of egg and flour alternately, until you have a thick and  creamy consistency. Once all the egg and flour is mixed together add the milk and banana and mix well. 

Save the best till last, since all the ingredients but one are all mixed together you can now start to add the chocolate  chips, I have said to add 50g of chocolate chips but you can add more or none at all.

Now Line a square or round tin with baking parchment ( if you want you can even make this recipe into cupackes).
Once the tin is lined you can now add the mixture.
Its now ready for the oven, cook for aorund 20-25 minutes or until slightly brown on top and cooked in the middle when you piece the inside.

Once the cake is cooked and slightly cooled you can now put on the melted chocolate in  a zigzag pattern using either a piping bag or a teaspoon.
 And enjoy!

Hope this cake goes as well for you as it did for me, if using this recipe to make your cake share your results with me either in the comments, by email or by my social media sites. I can't wait to see your photos.
Much love and enjoy baking x











No comments:

Post a Comment